Questions to Ask Yourself
Considering the financial and personal impacts hearing aids can have on your quality of life, it’s a good idea to define your desires and expectations before you purchase them. Consider the following questions:
- What environments affect my hearing the most?
- How concerned am I about the visibility of my hearing aids?
- How much money am I willing to invest in improving my hearing?
- Do I want rechargeable or replaceable hearing aid batteries?
Questions to Ask Your Hearing Aid Supplier
Visiting an audiologist will give you the best chance at finding quality hearing aids that suit your unique needs. Diagnosing and treating hearing loss is their business, so they can give you the insight you need to make an informed decision. Here are a few questions to run by your doctor:
- Can I test out the hearing aids for a couple of weeks before I commit to purchasing them?
- Do you offer free adjustments and additional instruction on hearing aid use?
- Can I pair my hearing aids with a smartphone so I can adjust them myself?
- Will I have to pay for batteries, or is there a lifetime supply available as part of my purchase?
Hearing Aids Can Change Your Life
Having the proper hearing aids molded to your specific needs can make a noticeable difference in your life. Better hearing allows you to become more socially active and enjoy being with others. Improving your hearing loss means improving communication so that you may have fewer disagreements with your significant other about the television volume.
Audio Help Hearing Centers strives to change lives through better hearing. Call 888-832-9966 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with one of our audiologists and learn why we’re the preferred audiology practice for people in the greater New York metropolitan area.