Moisture damage to your hearing aid can potentially cause distorted sound quality, decreased battery life, and inconsistent functionality. To preserve the life of your hearing aids during the summer months, try the tips below.
- Remove your hearing aids when exercising outside or in warm weather.
- Open the hearing aid battery door or place your devices in a dehumidifier or dry box to prevent moisture accumulation.
- Keep your hearing aids out of direct sunlight or in a protective box when not in use.
- Remove your devices before swimming, showering, going outside if it’s raining, or you’re entering other damp environments.
- Apply sunscreen, lotions or other sprays before putting in your hearing aids. Applying them afterwards allows the oils to enter open seams, microphone parts or other small crevices in the hearing aids.
Are you experiencing moisture damage in your hearing aids? Bring them into one of our four offices located throughout Scarsdale, Manhattan, and New York City, and let us take a look.Call 888-832-9966 of schedule your appointment today!